Did you know that YOU are in the Bible? You're in one of the Bible's most famous verses, John 3:16:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that
whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
You're right there in "the world." So substitute your name for those two words and read the verse again:
"For God so loved ___(YOUR NAME)___ that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
When you read the verse this way, it has a lot more meaning, doesn't it?
A. You can trust that the Bible is what it says it is: The Word of God, His personal message to us of truth, guidance, and love.
B. Therefore, you can trust that Jesus is who He claimed to be: The Son of God, the Messiah. (To learn more about Jesus, CLICK HERE.)
C. This means that both Heaven and Hell are real -- and you need to decide your future. CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW.
D. Read these passages aloud, and ask yourself what they mean TO YOU:
1. "Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ." (Romans 10:17)
2. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
3. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
4. "'No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.'" (John 3:3)
5. "'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'" (John 14:6)
6. "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, 'Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame.'" (Romans 10:9-11)
7. "He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again." (2 Corinthians 5:15)
8. "'Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me.'" (Revelation 3:20)
9. "But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)
E. You must answer these questions for yourself:
AM I A SINNER? (Yes or No)
DO I WANT FORGIVENESS FOR MY SINS? (Yes or No)
DO I BELIEVE JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS FOR ME AND ROSE AGAIN? (Yes or No)
AM I WILLING TO SURRENDER MY LIFE TO JESUS CHRIST? (Yes or No)
AM I READY TO INVITE JESUS INTO MY LIFE AND INTO MY HEART? (Yes or No)
Here's what the Bible says: "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:8-13)
Please pray this simple prayer:
Heavenly Father, I have sinned against You. I humbly ask for forgiveness for all my sins. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me and rose again. I give You my life to do with as You wish, because I know now that You love me. I want Jesus Christ to come into my life and into my heart. This I ask, Lord, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Please call, write, or email to us to let us know you are now a part of the family of God! You will need to find a good Bible-based church where you'll be welcomed and cherished and nurtured. We'll be glad to help with that process. Again, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
Content on this page largely from Share Jesus Without Fear by William Fay and Ralph Hodge, LifeWay Press, 1997.
Scripture on this page from The Holy Bible, New King James Version, copyright 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc., and from the New International Version, copyright 1984 by International Bible Society.